Here are the top 5 reasons why you need a dehumidifier for your home.
#1 Protection against Dangerous Moulds
Most people in Singapore are not aware of mould build-up in their homes. If there is a musty smell in your home, mould has already spread to different parts of your house and mould is slowly hurting you and your family. Mould releases hundreds of thousands of spores and you are inhaling them unknowingly.
Mould spores trigger allergic reactions like asthma attacks. It also weakens your immune system, making you vulnerable to different kinds of diseases. Mould can also spread in your food. If there is mould in your cupboards and kitchen cabinets, mould can spread in your Fruits and breads. Mould in food could release mycotoxins. Once consumed, mycotoxins could cause serious diseases.
Mould rapidly spreads and getting rid of them is harder than most people think. Even if you clean and scrub them off, it easily grows back because of high humidity. By getting a dehumidifier, you can lower your indoor humidity and starve the mould, killing them naturally.
Specific dehumidifiers also have built-in High-Efficiency Particulate Absorbing or HEPA filters. These filters trap mould spores, mildew, and other harmful particles in the air while lowering your home’s humidity.